Sacred Mornings

Make your mornings the most important part of the day.


It is important to set a ritual of at least 3-5 things that will set the right intention to your day. I simply cannot wake up without having a glass of water, coffee/celery juice followed up by a walk or some sort of exercise. 



I have recently joined the celery juice trend and found that I feel brighter, more energetic than when I have coffee. It has amazing health benefits and although it doesn't serve as a breakfast substitute, it really makes you feel extra "glowy" throughout the day. I do these 3 things religiously as when skip it I might end up having a bad day or just feel groggy. If you have more time it is essential you do a bit of journaling or meditation to get your thoughts in order. These two practices have a massive effect on your mental wellbeing especially when you are going through an emotional time or just feeling a bit off.  After exercise I usually have a protein rich breakfast to balance my bloodsugar and manage sweet cravings. I'm a massive sweet tooth and find if I don't have protein in the morning I crave unnecessary food later in the day. Note that I don't label any food as "bad" food, as I let myself indulge in all kinds of food when I feel like it. But I love to eat healthy, nutritious food that makes me feel good. 

We'll talk about mindful eating later in this blog, but let's focus on getting mornings right first. Make a list of what your ideal morning routine looks like and keep it beside your bed as a reminder. Practice it for a week, get in touch with yourself first before you make time for anybody else, your body will thank you for it in the long run.

Here's my morning routine list:

Follow us on instagram
With love, Habits xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A message from Odine

Own Your Body

Food Allergies & Intoleraces